Thank you for your interest to submit your Abstract for MEMS MAC12.
Please be informed that all submissions are final and no revisions/ re-entries will be entertained. Hence, please only fill in this online submission form when your submission is final.
Submission Deadline: 11.59pm, 31st May 2022
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Please read the instructions carefully, as abstracts submitted not according to these instructions will not be accepted.
Abstracts can only be submitted electronically through the official Congress website (www.memsmac.org). Abstracts sent by post, fax or email WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Delegate may submit more than ONE abstract (please use the same email address).
Only submissions received by 15th May 2022 will be eligible for Best Oral & Best Poster prizes.
Your abstract will appear in print as submitted. Your submission is final, and no rectification is allowed once submitted. Please ensure you check your data carefully before submitting.
An acknowledgement letter will be sent to you once you have successfully submitted your abstracts.
Please contact the Congress Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive the acknowledgement letter.
All submitted abstracts will undergo a peer-review process by a panel of expert reviewers. Accepted abstracts will be selected for either Oral or Poster presentation. The MAC 12 Scientific Committee reserves the right to re-categorise any accepted abstract. The decision of the committee is final and irrevocable. All accepted abstracts will be printed in the the Journal of the ASEAN Federation of Endocrine Societies (JAFES) or a supplementary copy.
Authors will be notified of the method of presentation, which will be decided by the MAC 12 Scientific Committee.
Abstract submitters will be informed of the status of their abstracts once the reviewing process is completed.
Judges’ decisions are final. No appeal will be entertained.
Abstract submission is open to both local and international delegates.
All abstracts submitted must be in English.
Once an abstract is selected, at least one of the authors of the poster MUST register for the conference. Payment for conference registration should reach the Conference Secretariat before 30th June 2022 to ensure that your abstracts will be published in the abstract book.
The abstract title should not exceed 130 characters (including spaces).
The abstract should not exceed 300 words.
Abstracts submitted must follow the abstract submission guidelines, instructions and required information as stated. The MAC 12 Scientific Committee reserves the rights to disqualify the abstract if any needs are not met.
Encore Abstracts will not be accepted. An encore abstract is a re-submission of an original abstract with minor changes in line with congress guidelines.
For further details on registration, fees and payments for the conference, kindly visit www.memsmac.org/registration
• Diabetes mellitus
• Pituitary / Neuroendocrinology
• Parathyroid / Bone & Calcium Metabolism
• Reproductive Endocrinology
• Others (please specify)
3. Basic Science
• Select the category which BEST describes the content of your abstract. Categories are used for reviewing and indexing purposes.
• The title is limited to 120 characters excluding spaces and should be brief and relevant. Special characters should NOT be used in your title but spelt out instead (e.g. α should be written as alpha, β as beta). Only use standard abbreviations and generic drug names in the title. Capitalise each word in the title.
• Structure: The abstract should have the following sub-headings: - Introduction, Methods, Results, and Conclusion.
• Layout: Please fill in according to the sections provided. Do not include graphs, tables or illustrations in the abstract.
• Word count: The abstract is limited to 300 words.
• Only commonly accepted abbreviations should be used (e.g. OGTT, IGT, ACEI). Less widely recognised abbreviations may be used if introduced on first usage (e.g. ambulatory blood pressure monitoring, ABPM).
• Only approved and generic (non-proprietary) drug names should be used.
• Do NOT enter the title, authors, or grant information into the abstract body submission field.
• Please ensure that your abstract does not contain spelling, grammatical or scientific errors, as it will be printed in the abstract/programme book exactly as submitted